Is It Slow Fashion?

abril 18, 2017


Handmade skirt

I remember the clothes that my mom sewed for me. I think I have these memories because she is still makes me some dresses from time to time. 

Handmade skirt

Handmade dress

Handmade dress

I don´t remember many things about my childhood, in fact I'm not sure if what I remember is real or a story told by my mom or dad. Maybe it is best to imagine a picture in which I appear as a small girl, with big eyes and a short haircut (like my brother, who is 3 years older than me).

Thinking about my childhood I've realized I remember the clothes that my mom sewed for me. I think I have these memories because she is still makes me some dresses from time to time.
We used to live in a small village, where there wasn't a single fabric shop, so we had to go to the big city. I remember these days as nice. We woke up early, my dad drove and my brother and I sat in the backseat pretending predict the future. We had to guess what color the car that went past us would be.

I remember my mom had a look over a lot of patterns' magazines, she selected some models for me and when we visited the fabric shop she spent a lot of time talking to the salesperson and trying to decide what woven fabric fitted best for the model. Eventually she bought the fabric, the buttons, zippers, everything she needed. After some weeks she finished it and I had a new dress sewn by my mom.

I remember one of them well. A two piece dress in tones of brown, with a small square pattern. I wore that dress during a visit to Burgos. It was summer, I was wearing it and I sitting on a bench eating a chocolate ice cream and I stained it 

My favourite handmade flowers dress


Today as consumer I take care about the products that I buy, for that I really happy my mom sparks her creativity and enjoy her passion, design and fashion, sewing cloths for her, for my nieces and me. I like it and I appreciate it very much, I’m proud of her and it is lovely to wear something that has been made with lots of love.

How is your consumer behavior related with the fashion industry?

You Might Also Like

0 Your thought

Instagram